What Size Skateboard for 8 Year Old Kid | Picking Guide
What is the Best Skateboard Size for 8, 9, or 10-year-old beginners?
Skateboard Size with the length 29″-32″ and wide 7.25″- 7.75″ is perfect for 8, 9, 10, years old.
There are different types of skateboards available in the market. Some are branded skateboards while some others are non-branded skateboards. Also, all skateboards are not suitable for beginners. Moreover, different skateboards are manufactured with different types of ingredients.
However, skateboards that are made with durable 7-ply Canadian Maple wood are the best for beginners. Also, a skateboard size that is suitable for an 8-year-old kid is enough for the kids of 9 or 10-year-old.
Therefore, among a lot of shapes and sizes of skateboards, 31×8 inches dimension is suitable for 8, 9, or 10-year-old beginners. If your kid has a medium height, you can choose a penny board for your kid as well.
Additionally, it is better to select from the skateboards that are made by prominent brands like PHOEROS, METROLLER, etc. These skateboards are the best and designed for beginners and kids over 8-year-old.
Although the mentioned skateboards are the best, you can choose a skateboard from a nearby skateboard shop if you want it. Just follow the dimension and pick the best material so that your kid can ride without any interruption.
What is the Best Skateboard Size for 6 and 7 Year Old?
Answer: The best size of skateboards for 6 and 7-year-old kids are the skateboards with a dimension of 7.25 to 8 inches width and 28 inches length. Also, a penny board is perfect for 6 and 7 years old kids.
What size longboard for is suitable 7, 8, 9, or 10 year old?
Answer: Long skateboards are known as longboards. Longboards that have a dimension of 41×9 inches in length and width are considered suitable for 7, 8, 9, or 10-year-old kids.
What is the Best Penny Board Size for 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Years old?
Answer: Do you want to know ‘What size penny skateboard for 8-year-old kids is suitable?’ Or, ‘What is the best penny board size for 6 to 10-year-old kids?’ Well, the penny skateboards or penny boards that have a dimension of 3.5-4.4 inches in length and 7.5-8 inches in width are perfect for 8-year-old kids. Thus, this dimension is suitable for kids from 6 to 8-years-old.
On the other hand, penny boards with a dimension of 4.5-5.2 inches length and 7.5-8.0 inches width are suitable for kids of 9 and 10 years old.
What things should you consider while buying a skateboard for a 7, 8, 9, 10-year-old boy?
There are several things that you should consider while buying a skateboard for a 7, 8, 9, and 10-year-old boy. The necessary considerations are as follows.
- Kid’s height and weight: First of all, consider the height and weight of your kid. Because height and weight vary from kid to kid. Also, different skateboards have different load capacities. That’s why you have to consider the weight and height of your kid before you choose a skateboard.
- Skateboard Shop: There are different skateboard shops available both online and offline. You can search and know lots of information about a skateboard from online sources. However, if your will is to purchase the best and suitable item for your kid, you better visit a nearby skateboard shop.
There you will get the chance to check the existing skateboards before you buy them. Also, skateboard sops have experts from whom you will get necessary information about skateboards and skateboarding.
- Brand & Manufacturer: While buying a skateboard, the brand and manufacturer of the skateboard are essential as different brands manufacture different types of skateboards. The design, material, concave shape, price, and manufacturing process of skateboards differ from brand to brand.
Moreover, some items are made with greater elements and quality materials while others are manufactured with materials that are not so good. Hence, you should pick the best brand from your nearby skateboard shop or online shopping place to get the best one.
- Skateboard’s Category: There are different categories of skateboards. Such as large boards, narrow boards, penny boards, etc. While large boards are preferable to transition-based skateboarding, narrow boards are suitable for street skaters.
On the other hand, penny boards are good for little kids under 7/8 years old. Thus, you can pick from large and narrow boards for your 8-year-old kid.
- Material: Skateboard is a combination of several materials. Such as the deck is prepared with wood or bamboo while the base is covered with aluminum alloy. On the other hand, tires are prepared with rubber or other good materials so that the skateboard runs smoothly on different surfaces.
However, you should consider the overall materials of a skateboard thus the item serves your kid a long time.
- Deck Shape: Skateboard decks were made with Popsicle-shaped during the 90s era. But nowadays there are concave decks, flat decks, penny decks, long decks, narrow decks, etc. Before you choose a deck shape, think carefully about which category of a skateboard you need for your kid.
If your kid is a beginner, you can pick a simple Popsicle skateboard deck. Instead, you can go for a concave deck if your kid is an expert skater.
- Skateboard Trucks: Skateboard trucks are almost similar to a greater strength axle. Trucks are responsive to the steering. Also, trucks help to defend against breaking the skateboard. In a skateboard, there are soft rubber and firm rubber trucks. While soft rubber trucks allow higher turns and easy steering to skaters, firm rubber trucks give a stable riding experience.
- Deck Material: While it comes to the matter of skateboard deck, you can simply choose a deck that is made with 7-ply Canadian Maple Wood. Also, some decks are made with strong and high-quality bamboo. Both of the bamboo and wooden decks are suitable for kids of different ages. Moreover, these types of decks last longer.
- Wheels: The running capability of a skateboard depends mostly on the wheels of the skateboard. Usually, skateboard wheels are made with rubber or polyurethane tire. Quality tires help riders to run the skateboard smoothly on various terrains. Also, better wheels are necessary to keep balance and ensure safety.
- Skateboard Bearings: Skateboard bearings are made for different levels of skaters. From entry-level to expert level, skateboard bearings are designed in various ways. However, you can pick an entry-level bearing for your 8-year-old kid. When your kid learns skateboarding, you can upgrade the bearing of the skateboard.
- Design: There are different skateboards with different designs. Some have gorgeous designs while some others have simple decorations. Some skateboards are specifically made for kids while others are prepared for adult skaters. Moreover, lots of colors are available on a skateboard. Thus, you can pick one based on your kid’s choice.
- Durability: The durability of a skateboard depends on the material that is used to make a skateboard. If the skateboard is made with strong material, it will last a long time. Instead, less quality material will decrease the life of the skateboard. Therefore, you better pick a nice quality item so that your kid can enjoy much time with the skateboard.
- Price: Price is a big factor while buying things. Lots of skateboards of different prices are existing in the market. So, it’s difficult to pick the best item within a budget. Thus, you can go through the review of the customers to get an idea of the preferable item. It will assist you to choose a skateboard at a good price.
- Professional Opinion: Expert’s or professional’s opinion is an important consideration while buying a skateboard for 7, 8, 9, or 10-year-old kids. An expert or pro skater knows better about a skateboard. Thus, if possible, you can take consultation from a pro skater so that you can pick the appropriate skateboard for your adorable kid.
- Recommendation: According to our professional opinion, we suggest such skateboards that have dimensions of around 30-32 inches length, 8 inches width, and 4-5.50 inches breadth. Such a skateboard is suitable for kids of 8-year-old and above.
Check the Recommended Product 7, 8, 9, 10 Year Old
Here are the top 3 skateboards of different brands. We pick these items after a thorough search so that these skateboards match perfectly with kids of 8-year-old and above. Just go through the review to know which one is suitable for your lovely kid.
1: Yocaher Pro Skateboard for 8 Year-Old-Beginner
Camo Professional checker skateboard is an amazing skateboard that is introduced by the famous brand Yocaher. This skateboard is manufactured with durable 7-ply Maple wood so that it can serve a long time without being damaged.
This skateboard is offered in a checker white color that looks amazing. The complete white checker wooden deck is 7.75-inch in width. This heavy-duty impactful deck of this skateboard has a mellow concave. Thus, it helps skaters to perform different types of tricks.
The 80A black grip tape of this skateboard has a non-slip length. As a result, skaters can ride safely using this skateboard. The durometer hardness of the Camo Professional skateboard is 99A. However, it is offered in one size only.
This black and white skateboard has 54-millimeter wheels that are made with strong rubber. Its tires run smoothly on different surfaces. The package of this skateboard weighs 2.27 kilograms with a dimension of 32x8x5.25 inches in length, width, and height.
This long-lasting skateboard is made for performing different tricks. Also, it is apposite for both professionals and beginners. This skateboard is suitable for 8-year-old kids. But kids of 7, 9, and 10 years old can also use this skateboard.
Why you should buy this
- Its 7.75 inches strong mellow deck is suitable for doing tricks.
- Also, this skateboard is appropriate for different levels of skaters.
- Overall it is a nice pick at a good price.
2: PHOEROS Skateboards For 8, 9, 10 Years Old
Introducing an awesome and standard skateboard that is prepared by the prominent brand PHOEROS! It is beautifully manufactured with long-lasting 7-ply Canadian Maple wood. Also, it is offered in a wonderful blue color.
This cruiser has a strong, slip-resistant, and water-proof deck that is suitable for riding safely. Moreover, it provides stability to the riders and helps to do various tricks on different surfaces. Like pivots, street skating, sharp turns, slides, etc.
This skateboard has aluminum alloy trucks that make this board strong enough to go smoothly on various tracks. The durometer hardness of this board is 95A with a deck length of 31-inch. Its wheels are 53 millimeters and are made with strong polyurethane.
With a maximum load capacity of 220 lbs., this skateboard serves better to kid skaters. It is mostly suitable for kids of 8 years old and above. But teens and adult riders can use this skateboard as well. Also, its overall design ensures comfortable rides for skaters.
The package of this item has a dimension of 31x8x4.5 inches in length, width, and height. This skateboard is prepared such that it goes with both girls and boys. Thus, both beginner and professional riders can ride this skateboard.
Why you should buy this
- This is one of the best skateboards for doing exercise.
- Both girls and boys can ride this skateboard.
- Its waterproof design ensures safe riding for skaters.
3: METROLLER Skateboard for Beginners Kids
METROLLER concave skateboard is an outstanding item for skateboarding. This amazing item is offered by the well-known brand METROLLER. It is prepared for kids of 8-year-old. But 7, 9, and 10 years old kids can ride this skateboard as well.
This skateboard is prepared with high-quality 7-ply Canadian Maple and durable aluminum base. Also, it is finely covered with sandpaper that is waterproof as well as long-lasting. As a result, it gives a longer service to skaters.
This skateboard has a mellow concave that makes it suitable for riding on different surfaces. Also, it has a durometer hardness of 95A. The wooden deck of this board is 8-inch wide and 31-inch long. Thus, it is easy for kids to handle and ride safely.
This item has a dimension of 31x8x3.9 inches in length, width, and height. This 4.9-pound skateboard can carry up to 220-pound. Additionally, its 54-millimeter polyurethane wheels go smoothly on various surfaces.
This item is suitable for beginners. However, expert riders will get this skateboard comfortable to ride as well. Its twinkle star color goes with unisex kids. Therefore, both girls and boys can ride this skateboard and have fun with family and friends.
Why you should buy this
- This skateboard gives an adventurous ride to skaters.
- Its strong material handles around 220 pounds.
- This item can be a suitable gift for both girls and boys.
Now you have got the necessary information of ‘What size skateboard for 8-year-old’. These skateboards are also suggested for the kids of 7, 9, and 10 years old. Thus, you can choose one within your budget and have a lot of fun with your kids by skateboarding.
You now know what size skateboard an 8-year-old kid is to pick. Also, you have got the essentials while buying a skateboard for 8-year-old kids. As you are going to choose one for your adorable kid, make sure that your kid wears safety equipment and precautions while skateboarding. As a result, your kid will be safe and have a lot of fun at the time of riding.