Cruising around your skateboard is so much fun. But there comes a time when you have to carry it. This can be very tiring and uncomfortable. To save you from this predicament, I will help you settle for only the best skateboard travel bag on the market.
This post will enlighten you on just why you need a skateboard travel bag. It will also save you from the daunting task of choosing the best among the countless bags on the market.
Why Skateboard Travel bag is used
A Skateboard travel bag is used for several reasons.
- It makes heavy skateboards feel lighter.
- It allows you to carry your board easily in areas where skateboarding is frowned upon.
- It protects the board when traveling
- It will enable the skateboard to be treated as baggage on plane journeys.
If you are an avid skateboarder, you have likely run into one or more of these situations and know the importance of a bag. Below are four carry bags you can purchase to avoid the discomfort associated with not having one.
1. GoRide Electric Longboard Skateboard Backpack
- Size: 20″*12″*6.”
- Max board size: Skateboard or Longboard: 41″*10.”, Electric Remote Control Skateboard or Longboard: 40″*10.”
- Max board weight: 20lbs
- Storage space: Double bottle pockets, big inner storage compartments, deep pockets on sides, laptop compartment, long zipped pouches, top storage section
- Support and comfort: Padded shoulder straps (adjustable), sternum straps, hip belt, back padding
- Board Support: Double board straps, extra adjustable longboard straps, truck straps (adjustable)
- Special Features: Well-padded throughout for comfort and protection
The Goride skateboard backpack’s universal design allows you to carry almost any skateboard or longboard, including mini electric skateboards. In addition to its double board straps, it has extra straps to secure longer boards in place. The truck straps are adjustable, allowing you to determine how high your board sits on the bag.
Additionally, this bag has plenty of storage space for your everyday needs. The hidden laptop compartment can hold up to a 17″ laptop keeping it both safe and secure. It also has double bottle pockets that will come in handy on hot days or long cruises.
Overall, when looking at backpacks for skateboards, this is an excellent pick. It acts as an all-in-one bag. It carries your board securely and anything else you might need throughout the day!
2. K-Cliffs Heavy Duty Cargo Duffel Best Travel Bag For Skateboard
- Size: 42″*20″*20.”
- Material: High-density 600D Polyester
- Zipper: Extra Large #10 Zipper (all pockets)
- Comfort and support: Adjustable shoulder strap, wide and thick handles, double self-fabric handles
- Special features: Water-resistant, folds easily.
It has a top-quality adjustable, removable, and reliable shoulder strap with a shoulder pad preventing it from slipping off. When the load is heavy, the self-fabric handles on each end allow more than one person to carry it with ease. It is also very durable, water-resistant, easy to store, and likely to exceed your expectations.
3. Hubro Designs Slimfit Backpack II Best Skateboard Bag
- Storage space: 2 outside pockets, one interior pocket
- Support and comfort: Padded lining, removable shoulder strap, sternum straps, shoulder straps, padded webbing carry handles, pack-away backpack straps
- Zippers: Heavy-duty YKK
- Board Support: Interior board securing straps
- Special features: Double stitching used to make it durable, 600d water-resistant exterior
Note: This bag has specific boards that fit into it.
Boards supported– Boosted Board longboards (v1, v2, and v3), Boosted Plus and
stealth, Longboards and skateboards with wheelbase similar to boosted longboards and 41 inches long. Examples include backfire 2G and 2GS, Exway X1, Pomelo 39″ and Ownboard WS1 (38″).
Boards not supported– Boosted Mini S and Mini X. Acton Blink S2, Harvoo (28″). Huger tech classic( travel and racer versions), Meepo Campus 2 and V2P, Riptide R1 and R1 elite, Starkboard (37″), and Yuneec Ego2.
The bag has two board straps inside, which secure the board in place when traveling. To increase its appeal, it has straps that permit you to carry it in three different ways. It has backpack straps, webby carrying handles, and a shoulder strap to pick any whenever you please.
Furthermore, the big exterior pockets are handy for storing accessories, tools, spare parts, etc. Heavy-duty YKK zippers and double stitching increase its durability, so it is an excellent option for any skateboarder, even downhill skateboarder, even the most active!
Skateboard Shoulder Carrier Review
Universal Skateboard Shoulder Carrier Skateboard Carry Strap
- Straps: Adjustable board straps, adjustable shoulder straps
- Special features: Foldable, Fits all boards
You won’t go wrong with this awesome and affordable shoulder carrier. Its straps are adjustable, allowing it to fit even the largest boards. The straps are also long and strong enough to support two well-secured boards. It is light, compact, and very portable, making it perfect for kids as well.
These straps fit pockets when not in use, so it is no extra baggage when skateboarding. For someone who loves traveling light, these straps are worth considering!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can you bring skateboards on a plane?
Ans: Yes, most airlines permit skateboards on their planes. However, there are some specific rules you must observe. It can be carried on or as part of your baggage checked when coming on board. The skateboard can only be outside a bag if it fits underneath the seat.
- How to choose the travel bag for longboard skateboard
Ans: There are a few things you need to keep in mind which include
- Checking whether it is the right size and fits what you need
- Ensuring the bag has durable straps and handles
- Checking whether it is comfortable to carry
- And make sure that it can support the weight you intend it to carry.
The best skateboard travel bag for you depends on your needs, priorities, and the type of board you have. However, common concerns you most likely have include durability, appearance, and affordability. All the bags mentioned in this article have these qualities and more.
It is now your turn to pick the one that satisfies your needs best, and you are good to go. Take your time, choose the best, and you will not be disappointed. That is a promise!