Are you planning to go skateboarding and are not sure just what kind of pants to wear? Perhaps you scouted your skate park and found that skateboarders wear anything from jeans and chinos to sweatpants and shorts. Now you are probably unsure just what the best pants for skateboarding are.
The good news is you are in the right place. In this article, I will enlighten you on just what you should wear. I will also give you six of the best pants for skaters on the market to choose from. Read through, and when you finish, I know you will have settled for nothing but the best!
What Kind of Pants Do Skateboarders Wear?
Skateboarders prioritize comfort and durability when choosing the best pants to wear. The pants should be slightly baggy to allow unrestricted movement. They should also be durable and offer a certain amount of protection as well.
The most popular and functional pants for skateboarders are cargo pants. These pants are neither too tight nor baggy. Reputable brands like Adidas and Dickies are renowned for making pants that are ideal for skateboarders.
Can You Do Skateboarding in Jeans?
Yes, skating in jeans is possible. A pair of really baggy or stretchy tight jeans can both do the trick. However, jeans may hurt your crotch or not give you as much freedom of movement as you desire. And this is why baggy pants or relaxed-fitting cargo pants are probably the best pants for skateboarders.
Below are six of the best cargo pants on the market for skateboarding. I know you will most definitely find one you like.
1. Adidas Originals Men’s Best Cargo Pants For Skateboarding
- Materials: 59% Polyester and 41% Cotton
- Closure: Elastic
- Waist: Drawcord, button below, belt loops
- Pockets: Welt pockets in front and back
- Cuffs: Elastic, drawcord-adjustable
- Special Specifications: Machine washable, relaxed fit Cargo pants
The pants give you roomy comfort in the hips and thighs, giving you ample room to flaunt stunts on your skateboard. While maintaining its durability, the fabric is not too oppressively thick or restrictive. It has belt loops, drawcord, and button closure on the waist, allowing you to adjust for a perfect fit.
Also, the cuffs have an elastic adjustable drawcord; you can tighten and relax at will. You can use both machine wash and tumble dry these pants, making them low maintenance as well. Even though these are skateboarding pants, you can wear them anywhere else you see fit!
FAQ on Addidas Originals
- Can I use hot water for washing?
Ans: No, not recommended
- Is it washed pants?
Ans: Yes, machine wash.
2. Volcom Men’s Frickin Morden Fit Stretch Chino Pant
- Material: 59% Cotton, 39% Polyester, 2% Elastane
- Closure: Button
- Neck Taping: Printed stripe
- Embroidery: Stone
- Buttons: Logo printed
- Special Specifications: Machine washable, imported pant with woven label and asymmetrical back yoke
These great-looking pants are not too baggy, giving them a great fit. What makes the pants look even better are the intricate details like the stone embroidery on the left leg. There is also a Volcom flag tag in the back right corner.
Overall, these durable and affordable pants will make you look good on your skateboard or anywhere else any day! The fact that they are machine washable is a very welcome added advantage.
FAQ on Volcom Pants
- Is it USA-made?
Ans: No, it is imported
- Does it fit with the big guy?
Ans: Yes, you have to choose the right size.
- What about the fabric?
Ans: It is soft and lightweight
3. Dickies Men’s Original 874 Work Pant
- Material: 65% Polyester, 35% Cotton
- Waist: Hook-eye waist closure, tunnel belt loops
- Pockets: Side seam front pockets
- Special Specifications: Machine washable, imported, and has a permanent crease ( not in washed colors.
Since Dickies pants are especially for hard wear, they are perfect for any type of skateboarding like street skating, off-road skating, etc. It has a rise that sits comfortably at your waist, and slightly tapered legs make it look great. The side-seam front pockets and back welt pockets give a contour that is flap-free.
Furthermore, you can choose from many fade-resistant colors, and there is an extensive, 26″ to 72″ waist sizing variance. It comes with a permanent crease on unwashed colors too. At first, they may feel very tough, but they surely soften up after a wash.
FAQ On Dickies for Skateboard
- Are these pants shrink after washing?
- Is the waist stretch after using?
Ans: Yes, it is.
- Can I use the pant for casual use?
Ans: Yes, you can
4. Rothro Camo Tactical Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) Militaru Cargo Pants
- Material: Polyester, cotton
- Sizes: XL to 8XL
- Lengths: Short, regular, long
- Seams: Double Stitched
- Ankle: Drawstring ankle ties
- Front pockets: Two Slash Pockets
- Side pockets: Two big buttons down Pleated Bellow Cargo pockets
- Back pockets: Two Button-down pockets
- Waist: Belt loops, waist taps (adjustable), and classic button fly
- Special Specifications: Seat and knees are reinforced
Rothco Pants are comfortable so you can spend all day in them. They also have double-stitched seams and reinforced seats and knees to ensure they last. The six utility pockets look good and are handy as well.
Lastly, Rothco Cargo pants come in many great and unique colors to choose from. They are also very warm so you can take out your skateboard even on the chilliest of days!
FAQ on Rothro Camo
- Are these pants only for girls?
Ans: I think no.
- What is the percentage of two materials?
Ans: I have no idea
5. Dickies Men’s Skinny Straight- Fit Work Pant
- Material: Poly/cotton, 1% Spandex
- Waist: 2 piece waistband, tunnel belt loops
- Pockets: An extra leg pocket
- Unique Specifications: Stretch, stain-resistant fabric.
FAQ On Dickies Men’s Skinny
- Is the waist elastic?
Ans: No, it’s not.
- Are there 3 pockets in total?
Ans: No, they are four in total.
- Are these imported?
Ans: Yes, imported from Mexico.
Who says style cannot be affordable? The Dickies Men’s Skinny straight fit Work pant shows that you can have much value for less. It looks good, but it is also stain-resistant, comfortable, durable, and functional.
The 1% Spandex makes the fabric stretchy, super comfortable, and increases flexibility for those tricks you may want to try. Also, its stretchiness allows it to fit even if you are very tall. The poly/cotton blend is unlikely to wrinkle easily and is quite durable.
These pants are highly recommended for skateboarders of any age. You will even be able to wear them to work and anywhere else.
FAQ’s on The Best Pants For Skateboarding
- What pants are suitable for skateboarding?
Ans: When skateboarding, you need pants that are sturdy and offer protection in case of an accident. They should be slightly baggy. Examples of top skateboarding pants include Dickies 874 work pants, Unionbay survivor cargo pants, Volcom Frickin Morden Fit Chino pants, Dickies Skinny Straight Fit Pants, and Rothco Camo Tactical Cargo pants.
- Why do skaters wear dickies?
Ans: Skaters tied up in skate culture prefer dickies since it is one of the oldest skating brands on the market. Also, durable cloth is used, which is very resistant to wear and tear. In a nutshell, they are tough, comfortable, self-propelling, and they look great.
- Why do skaters wear baggy pants?
Ans: Baggy pants are heavy. And this allows them to sustain wear when skaters take a slam. They also allow flexibility and do not restrict movement.
Whether you are an experienced or novice rider, to get the most from your skateboarding experience, you need a pants that will move with you. You need pants that will not restrict you or dampen your fun. Also, it wouldn’t hurt for the pants to look excellent, durable, and affordable.
Despite the differences in specifications, all the pants outlined in this article guarantee all this and more. What is left for you is to pick one that is a true reflection of your style. I can assure you, and you will not be disappointed. All the best in selecting what you feel are the best pants for skateboarding!